ORLANDO, FL (October 6, 2017) – Today Correct Craft companies across the country hosted local students from area high schools and colleges as part of National Manufacturing Day.
Manufacturing Day is an annual event during which North American manufacturers open their doors to showcase the potential of modern manufacturing and foster interest in manufacturing careers, while changing the misperception of manufacturing as an antiquated industry designed for low-skilled workers.
A celebration meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers, Manufacturing Day provides manufacturers with an opportunity to connect directly with students to begin to address the skilled labor shortage they face so they can help their communities and future generations thrive.
Approximately 200 students visited Correct Craft facilities where they were given in-depth tours to learn how boats are built and opportunities to learn more about the great careers available in marine manufacturing.
- Earlier this week, students from the Newberry Country Career Center visited the Pleasurecraft Engine Group facility in Little Mountain, SC.
- SeaArk Boats invited students involved in agricultural/trade programs at ten local high schools to their Monticello, AR facility to learn more about the variety of careers available at SeaArk after they graduate.
- Bass Cat and Yar-Craft Boats partnered up with Mountain Home, Gainesville, and Norfork High Schools to bring over 100 students to their Mountain Home, AR factory.
- Centurion and Supreme Boats partnered with the Merced County Office of Education to bring a variety of local high school students to their factory in Merced, CA.
- Due to Hurricane Irma, Nautique Boat Company (Orlando, FL) was forced reschedule their Manufacturing Day event for later this month.
Correct Craft CEO Bill Yeargin stated, “Our teams across the country were thrilled to have students from their communities visit to learn about manufacturing and the boating industry.” “Correct Craft companies offer great jobs with excellent pay and benefits. We are always looking for good people and realize these young people are the future,” Yeargin added.
About Centurion Boats: Innovation has always been the hallmark of Centurion boats. Now, thanks to new product, leadership and Correct Craft company culture, innovation is running deeper than ever, into a re-imagination of the Centurion brand. Water sports enthusiasts are embracing Centurion boats for the world’s best waves, wakes and ride, as well as ambitious design and inspired craftsmanship. Time to re-imagine your ride, in a Centurion. https://centurionboats.com
About Correct Craft: Celebrating 92 years of excellence in the marine industry, Correct Craft is a Florida-based company with global operations. The Correct Craft family includes Nautique, Centurion, Supreme, Bass Cat, Yar-Craft, SeaArk, and Bryant boat companies, Pleasurecraft Engine Group, and Aktion Parks. For more information please visit http://www.correctcraft.com/.